If you’re looking to revamp your outdoor living space and are a little bit intimidated by all the choices available, don’t worry. The fact is, no one kind of outdoor flooring is perfect for everybody. So instead of trying to decide between ceramic tile, corkboard, real wood, stone, and more, gather this side-by-side comparative analysis of outdoor flooring choices to fit any need.
Popular Flooring Options
- Outdoor flooring blocks come in a wide range of materials. But for truly eco-conscious homeowners, look no further than natural rubber. This durable material is weatherproof, non-slip and long-lasting.
- Brick is another popular choice among homeowners seeking outdoor flooring. And while it’s one of the most resilient options available, brick does have its drawbacks. First, brick is expensive. Second, you have to pick out the right colour – not many brick patterns and colours to work. And third, there’s always the chance that a brick pattern will bleed into your patio and cause it to look uneven. In addition, because brick is a natural product, it can get stained. However, professional bricklayers Perth will make sure you get the best possible outcome.
- Man-made composite materials have been growing in popularity over the past decade. They’re now offered a wide variety of outdoor flooring products. And although they’re generally more expensive, composite materials offer many advantages. They’re easy to clean; they’re resistant to cracking and fading; they’re slip-resistant, and they’re inexpensive. With all of these benefits, composite outdoor flooring is an excellent choice for any homeowner with outdoor space.
- When shopping for outdoor flooring, homeowners should also consider tiles. Tiles are a great alternative to wood and brick, providing the same level of durability. For outdoor flooring in a backyard pool deck, tiles are a great option because they won’t rot and stain. Plus, they provide a level of style as well. And since tiling can be installed on any solid surface, homeowners don’t need to worry about matching their pool deck to their outdoor flooring.
- One of the best outdoor flooring choices for homeowners with limited outdoor floor space is concrete or stone pavers. Because they’re so durable, concrete or stone pavers can be installed in front of and around a pool and spa. This type of outdoor flooring is weather-resistant and slip-resistant, and it’s relatively simple to maintain. In addition, the stones or pebbles used in the construction of concrete or stone pavers come in many different colours, making them one of the most customizable outdoor flooring products on the market today. Pavers can also be coloured to match a home’s exterior, or they can be left natural. No matter what colour of stone or paver a homeowner chooses, the appearance of his or her outdoor flooring will be outstanding.
- A popular outdoor flooring choice for homeowners in climates that receive little rainfall is red sandstone pavers. Because red sandstone is so hard and sturdy, it’s an ideal material for homeowners with outdoor swimming pools or spas. Red sandstone tiles are a durable and beautiful choice for backyards, front yards, and gardens. Because they’re easy to install, red sandstone is also one of the best options for landscaping when working on a budget.
There are many other different types of outdoor flooring to choose from, too. Stone pavers, pebbles, tiles, slabs, and rocks are all popular choices for creating outdoor flooring on a budget. No matter what type of outdoor flooring a homeowner chooses, he or she can rest assured that their patio, lawn, or garden is the envy of everyone who visits. With so many options available, homeowners are sure to find a product that will last for years and provide their family with a gorgeous and distinctive outdoor flooring option.